Beach Body PreDay One

So yet again, I find myself trying a new program to lose weight/get in shape.  Whatever I want to pretend to call it.  Basically, I'm tired of the way I look and feel and I want it to change.  I've been here so many times before, too many to count.  Most times I lose some weight, feel better, and then it all comes sneaking back on and cycle repeats.

My beach body coach asked me the big question, WHY today.  Why am I doing this?  To be honest it isn't about how I look anymore, don't get me wrong I want to look good but honestly the why is scarier than that.  For the first time in my life I cannot get up off the ground and struggle to get out of low chairs.  I'm realizing that my body weight is so much that I can't push or pull myself up.  So just sit in stiff chairs right?  Well sure but I remember hearing a story about a woman last year who almsot died because she got stuck in her pool.  She didn't have the strength to pull herself out.  At this point that could be me!  I remember laughing and laughing but the reality of the situation is that is me, I would not be able to pull myself up.

What also haunts me is the fact that my neighbors are all old.  Their hips are going, backs, my dads shoulders.  You name it and they're having surgery to repair.  I don't want this to be me.  I don't want to be so far gone that my only option is surgery.  I don't want to be so weak that if I fall once I break a hip.  This scares me to death.  It makes movement seem like a gift rather than something you're just given because you were born.

So that is really my why...different from other times.  Really not a vane reason, really not even a self loathing reason, just plain and simple I want to better for the future me.  I want to be able to walk and do things.  I don't need to run a marathon one day but I'd like to be able to walk the mall with my children to shop.

Tomorrow, it starts.  What starts?  I have no idea.  I guess I start with a workout.  A single workout, I will focus on that and go from there.

Until tomorrow...

Comments